Friday, February 1, 2013



Name: Patricia Johnson

Hometown: Albany, New York (for those of you who don't know, Albany isn't really anything like NYC) 

 Article:
I chose this article about my favorite author, Stieg Larsson, because his work has influenced my decision to go into journalism. He was originally a journalist for the Swedish magazine, Expo, which strove to expose the corruption of the neo-Nazi culture swiftly arising in the 1990’s in Sweden after a wave of immigration during the 80’s. He was a left-wing extremist who based his life’s work around his passion fighting the corruption of racism in Europe which I find truly inspirational. His later work evolved into writing novels, namely, “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” trilogy which ties in with his interest in crime investigation. Many may not know this, but some of his life’s events are reflected throughout the series which says a lot about the dangers of dealing with modern day Nazis. 

Music: 

It’s hard for me to pick only a few artists to reflect my taste in music because I love almost anything I listen to. However, I would have to say heavy metal and reggae are what seem to dominate my iTunes. Some of my favorite metal bands are After the Burial and In This Moment whose lead singer is from my hometown. As for reggae, I love 311 and Slightly Stoopid. I also like Incubus which I just think has a really unique sound. 

Movie:

Okay, so there isn’t really any significance to this video other than the fact that I think it’s hilarious and I feel like I need to share it with everyone in the blog. It could be a nice study break for anyone who’s looking for a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment