Saturday, February 2, 2013

Assignment 1

Name: Adam Sweet

Hometown: Mequon, Wisconsin (Just north of Milwaukee)

Article: I'm sure most, if not all of you have seen the move The Blind Side.  This article is about Sean and Leigh Anne Thuoy, or more so, the "Blind Side" family.  The article explains how the Thuoy's brought Michael Oher, Offensive Lineman for the Baltimore Ravens, into their home when he was a little child, just as it is explained in the movie.  The article goes on to explain the similarities between reality and the movie.  It later states that the Thuoy's have been to the Superbowl as fans, but now they are attending as family, to watch their adopted son play for a ring.  I chose this article because Michael Oher's story is truly remarkable, and I felt everyone needs to know how he got to be where he is today. Go Ravens!

Music: I would say the range of music I like is huge.  From hip-hop, to classical, to jazz, to a little bit of country, I like it all.  My favorite band today is Maroon 5, and my favorite song by them would have to be She Will Be Loved.  I've been playing the violin since 4th grade, which is the reason why I love the classical and jazz genres.  Being a strings player, I have a huge appreciation for The Phantom of the Opera.  This version of Phantom is absolutely nuts and is performed by Lindsey Stirling, a YouTube sensation.  I also discovered The Piano Guys on YouTube.  I really love their music, and my favorite song by them is Peponi (Paradise by Coldplay).  If you haven't heard of these guys, I urge you to check them out!

Video: I came across this video last year, not sure how, but it's probably one of the funniest things I've ever watched.  If you ever need a good laugh for 3 minutes, take a look at this!


No comments:

Post a Comment