Saturday, February 2, 2013

Online Assignment One

Name: Ryan Barthold

Hometown: Darien, CT

Article: On Friday, ESPN's T.J. Quinn published an investigative report regarding Alex Rodriguez and his use of performance-enhancing drugs. The report was in response to a list published by Sports Illustrated linking athletes to a South Florida drug supplier. Although many accusations in the report have yet to be confirmed or addressed, the story is already becoming detrimental to A-Rod's already tarnished career. I chose this article because I always enjoy a long, well-researched investigative report, something that is becoming harder and harder to find.

Music: I have never been a dedicated fan of just one musical genre. I have a big appreciation for anything by Kanye, Jay-Z, and Eminem. Kanye's 2007 album "Graduation" ranks among my favorite, and I spent the majority of my time in middle school memorizing Eminem lyrics. I was never really exposed to country growing up on the East Coast, but coming to school here got me interested in Eric Church and Tim McGraw. Recently, I have been a big fan of remixes and mashups. The one I am currently listening to is a mashup between Kanye's "Touch the Sky" and the Shire Theme from the Lord of the Rings.

Video: Charlie Chaplin parodied Adolph Hitler in his 1940 film "The Great Dictator." At the end of the film, he gives a speech that garnered international attention. If you need a little inspiration, look no further than Mr. Chaplin.


No comments:

Post a Comment