Saturday, February 2, 2013

Assignment #1

Name: Rylee Drugan
Hometown: Holmen, Wisconsin (near La Crosse)
Article: This article explains a situation in which my life changed forever.  One of my very good friends from high school, Brandon Jennings, was instantly killed in a car accident close to three years ago.  I think it is important to read articles like this to second guess all our decisions in life.  For example, how we treat other people, what goals we strive to accomplish, and simply, decide what type of person we want to be remembered as.  Life is short, and after this horrific accident, I do not take life for granted. 
Music: I practically enjoy all types of music.  The type of music I listen to morely depends on what I am doing or who I am with.  When I'm with friends, I usually prefer hip hop, or any type of music with a beat.  However, when I'm just relaxing or studying, I prefer slow, instrumental music.   One genre of music I especially enjoy listening to is country.  My favorite country song is without a doubt Hard To Love by Lee Brice.  Its a great song, with great lyrics, sung by a great artist.  If any of you haven't heard this song, I suggest you click on the link above. :)
Video: This video is of a soldier coming home for the first time in a long time from Afghanistan.  It is so adorbale to see the interaction between the soldier and his dog.  I literally had tears in my eyes the first time I saw it.  I am definitely a dog person, so I find this moment really heartwarming. It was hard for me to choose one video because there are so many videos on YouTube videotaping moments of soldiers and their pets, but, in my opinion, this one is the most special.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment