Monday, February 4, 2013

Online Assignment #1


Name: Gabriel Kim

Hometown: New York, NY

Article:

I picked this article (from the BBC) simply because I was highly impressed with the efforts Google Maps and its community were able to come up with a more detailed map of North Korea. Despite a lack of geographical information on North Korea, due to censorship, Google was able to create a rather detailed map, though still rudimentary. For instance, the article notes that prominent landmarks such as prison labour camps, nuclear research sites and government buildings were added.

Music:
I typically listen to indie rock, though I am somewhat open to most genres/forms of music. Recently, I’ve been listening to Mac DeMarco and Tame Impala. I’ve developed a considerable liking towards these artists because their songs appear to have uncomplicated lyrics and simple, straightforward melodies. I tend to use/follow Pitchfork and Resident Advisor for new music.
  
Video:
The video below describes how one ‘correctly serves a watermelon.’ Though fairly ridiculous, I chose this video because when I was first introduced to it, I genuinely though it was trying to inform/teach me something new. (Though I did take note of the number of views, which was fairly high for such a mundane topic!) Thus, I found the video to be even funnier than it should really have had been. I do apologise for my sense of humour in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment