Thursday, May 9, 2013

Online Assignment #4

I had such a fun time looking at my Facebook archive.  I just got a Facebook a few years ago as a junior in high school, so I am sure there wasn’t as much information on their as most other peoples in the class; however, it brought back some good memories.  I had messages with my cousins from California on there as well as conversations with my best friends from high school.  It was kind of sad to read through all the posts and messages I had with my friends from high school because I am not as close with them as I was four years ago.  One in particular was the conversations I had with my ex-boyfriend that I haven’t talked to or even seen in over a year.  It was very interesting to see all the changes from then until now.  I guess the main thing I was surprised with was my use of words back then.  I feel like my spelling and vocabulary has gotten so much better since I’ve been in college.  Even though it is kind of embarrassing to look at some things I said to people as well as the conversations I had with people, it was fun to go through it all.

I don’t mind at all that Facebook has all these things kept on the Internet.  I guess since I created a Facebook a few years after all my friends did, I was well aware to not post anything that I didn’t want anyone to see.  Therefore, any information that advertisers use in regards to my activity on Facebook doesn’t bother me really.  It is a little weird to see all of the things I have liked, posted, or talked to my friends about, but I knew what I was getting myself into before I even created this type of social media.  I understand that anything I put on the Internet automatically is no longer private, even when it says it is.  That is why I don’t think they are ‘invading’ my privacy, because I put it there in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment